Dear Our Valued Customers,
We wish to inform you that AIMS Data Centre has revised their scope of Level 1 and 2 Smart Hand Services (SHS) and it will be as follows:
Rate : FREE
A basic support service that requires no longer than 15 minutes by a SOC Engineer based on best-efforts basis.
These tasks may involve:
01. Rebooting or power cycling of an equipment;
02. Resetting sub-equipment by ejecting the device and re-inserting it without removing it;
03. Reading serial numbers on the equipment;
04. Relaying status of the equipment status indicators;
05. Pushing a button or toggling a switch;
06. First time patching for newly laid AIMS cross-connect order.
Any Level 01 SHS request which exceeds or is estimated to require more than 15 minutes handling time by a SOC Engineer will fall under Level 02 SHS. Our SOC Engineers will give you an estimated time frame and number of SOC Engineer(s) involve in the request before proceeding with the task.
A customer is only allowed to make a Level 01 SHS request up to three (3) times within 12 hours. A task that exceeds the limit will fall under Level 02 SHS.
Rate : RM300.00 per hour (minimum 1 hour is required)
A service suite comprising advanced 24 x 7 support based on a prepaid plan, or on an ad hoc on man-hour basis.
These tasks may involve:
01. Providing visual verification (remote eyes) to assist customer remote troubleshooting efforts;
02. Plugging in a console port for remote management;
03. Moving, installing or securing a cable/cables/customer internal cross-connects;
04. Swapping of pre-labelled, pre-ejected, removable media;
05. Replacing or verifying connectivity integrity of cross-connection (except when AIMS Network Resell circuit/ MRC cross connection is subscribed);
06. Adding, removing or verifying a demarcation label;
07. Performing physical loopback for the telecommunication circuits (except when AIMS Network Resell circuit/ MRC cross connection is subscribed);
08. Troubleshooting of customer’s equipment with customer’s assistance;
09. Taking inventory or taking digital pictures of customer’s equipment/ allocated rack space within the Data Centre;
10. Labelling equipment and cable connections;
11. Assisting with physical installation, relocation or movement of customer’s equipment;
12. Shipping and handling RMA equipment;
13. Providing support for all logistics services;
14. Coordinating and arranging a temporary storage placement;
15. Installing, replacing/removing any equipment components that are hot-swappable and/or highly modular in design – e.g. router/switch, internal module or card, disk drive or memory;
16. Installing or swapping pre-configured equipment or components;
17. Performing diagnostic and signal testing on circuits using diagnostic equipment;
18. Providing access to CCTV footage/ access logs;
19. Assisting with customer’s audit documentation and onsite auditing;
20. Providing AIMS Subject Matter Expert support and assistance on customer’s planned or maintenance activities.
Level 02 SHS charges will apply to all customers unless specified otherwise in their contract.